Definition of lustre:
- A candlestick, chandelier, girandole, or the like, generally of an ornamental character.
- A fabric of wool and cotton with a lustrous surface, - used for women's dresses.
- A substance which imparts luster to a surface, as plumbago and some of the glazes.
- Brilliancy; splendor; brightness; glitter.
- Renown; splendor; distinction; glory.
- Same as Luster.
- The appearance of the surface of a mineral as affected by, or dependent upon, peculiarities of its reflecting qualities.
- To make lustrous.
- "The Everlasting Whisper", Jackson Gregory.
- "Aylwin", Theodore Watts-Dunton.
- "Reflections Or, Sentences and Moral Maxims", Francois Duc De La Rochefoucauld.