Definition of luxury:
- A free indulgence in costly food, dress, furniture, or anything expensive which gratifies the appetites or tastes.
- Anything which pleases the senses, and is also costly, or difficult to obtain; an expensive rarity; as, silks, jewels, and rare fruits are luxuries; in some countries ice is a great luxury.
- Lechery; lust.
- Luxuriance; exuberance.
sumptuousness, leisure, escapism, blast, change, peace, select, enjoyment, sumptuous, unrestraint, excess, epicureanism, enthusiasm, plush, luxe, the good life, Lucullan, sumptuosity, luxuriant, binge, gratification, idleness, calm, high ground, silken, extravagancy, amusement, save, lavishness, highlife, expensive, high-class, extravagant, richness, extravagance, wastefulness, De Luxe, spree, exorbitance, pricey, poorness, luxurious, high life, comfort, harmony, opulence, hedonism, paradise, activity, costly, delight, palace, waste, frill, poverty, prodigality, Babylonian, palatial, crowd pleaser, exclusive, opulent, privilege, plushy, elegant, deluxe, lavish, freedom, luxuriousness.
- "A Little Girl in Old Philadelphia", Amanda Minnie Douglas.
- "Ayesha The Further History of She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed", H. Rider Haggard.
- "The Firing Line", Robert W. Chambers.