Definition of mademoiselle :
1. A French title of courtesy given to a girl or an unmarried lady, equivalent to the English Miss.
2. A marine food fish ( Sciaena chrysura), of the Southern United States; - called also yellowtail, and silver perch.
- Mademoiselle de Longarde is not yet arrived from her hotel. - "The Rayner-Slade Amalgamation", J. S. Fletcher.
- Because, Mademoiselle, I may not need to tell you ever. - "It Happened in Egypt", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.
- You heard the gun, mademoiselle? - "The Hour and the Man An Historical Romance", Harriet Martineau.