Definition of magnify:
- To exaggerate; as, to magnify a loss or a difficulty.
- To have effect; to be of importance or significance.
- To have the power of causing objects to appear larger than they really are; to increase the apparent dimensions of objects; as, some lenses magnify but little.
- To increase the importance of; to augment the esteem or respect in which one is held.
- To make great, or greater; to increase the dimensions of; to amplify; to enlarge, either in fact or in appearance; as, the microscope magnifies the object by a thousand diameters.
- To praise highly; to land; to extol.
hymn, uplift, eulogize, aggrandise, hail, canonize, flip one's wig, color, exaggerate, hosanna, panegyrize, hyerbolise, overplay, glorify, lard, laud, go ballistic, explode, enthrone, beef up, mount, enlarge, go through the roof, fly off the handle, enhance, lucubrate, hallelujah, build up, religion, step up, idolatry, go up, ennoble, wax, embellish, overcharge, double, puff, combust, blow a fuse, overdo, emblazon, alleluia, puff up, bless, acclaim, hyperbolize, rise, set off, ensky, exposit, redouble, strengthen, upsurge, honor, aggrandize, detonate, snowball, bulk out, have a fit, dramatize, soar, glory, pad, hit the roof, elaborate, genuflect, exalt, run up, celebrate, build, beef, puff out, hyperbolise, amplify, proliferate, flip one's lid, flesh out, amp, talk up, apotheosize, consolidate, blow one's stack, dignify, overdraw, have kittens, resound, scale up, overstate, offer up, enshrine, lose one's temper, embroider, dramatise, hit the ceiling, carol, blow up, play up, extol, deify, add to, praise, apotheosize, throw a fit, devotions, adoration, idealize, expound, expatiate.
- expand (part of speech: verb)
- intensify (part of speech: verb)
- increase (part of speech: verb)
- "Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright", Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke.
- "Godliness", Catherine Booth.
- "The Prospective Mother A Handbook for Women During Pregnancy", J. Morris Slemons.