Definition of main:
- A hand or match at dice.
- A main- hamper.
- A match at cockfighting.
- A stake played for at dice.
- Important; necessary.
- principal duct or pipe, as distinguished from lesser ones; esp. ( Engin.), a principal pipe leading to or from a reservoir; as, a fire main.
- Principal; chief; first in size, rank, importance, etc.
- Strength; force; might; violent effort.
- The chief or principal part; the main or most important thing.
- The continent, as distinguished from an island; the mainland.
- The great sea, as distinguished from an arm, bay, etc. ; the high sea; the ocean.
- The largest throw in a match at dice; a throw at dice within given limits, as in the game of hazard.
- Unqualified; absolute; entire; sheer.
- Vast; huge.
- Very or extremely strong.
- Very; extremely; as, main heavy.
supreme, key, foremost, basic, primary, great, prior, intense, overriding, number one, cardinal, greatest, overbearing, overmastering, leading, blockage, conduit, predominant, independent, of import, study at principal, premier, numero uno, clog, culvert, briny, foremost, downspout, first, primal, arch, highest, capital, back up, major, cutoff, elementary, important, paramount, preeminent, master, dominant, chief, principal, airlock, cesspit, carry, top, grand, sovereign, prime, big.
- "Monsieur Cherami", Charles Paul de Kock.
- "The Obstacle Race", Ethel M. Dell.
- "Jan of the Windmill", Juliana Horatia Ewing.