Definition of majority:
- Ancestors; ancestry.
- The amount or number by which one aggregate exceeds all other aggregates with which it is contrasted; especially, the number by which the votes for a successful candidate exceed those for all other candidates; as, he is elected by a majority of five hundred votes. See Plurality.
- The condition of being of full age, or authorized by law to manage one's own affairs.
- The greater number; more than half; as, a majority of mankind; a majority of the votes cast.
- The military rank of a major.
- The quality or condition of being major or greater; superiority.
- "The Struggle for Missouri", John McElroy.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "The Book of Khalid", Ameen Rihani.