Definition of male:
- A plant bearing only staminate flowers.
- Adapted for entering another corresponding piece ( the female piece) which is hollow and which it fits; as, a male gauge, for gauging the size or shape of a hole; a male screw, etc.
- An animal of the male sex.
- Capable of producing fertilization, but not of bearing fruit; - said of stamens and antheridia, and of the plants, or parts of plants, which bear them.
- Consisting of males; as, a male choir.
- Evil; wicked; bad.
- Of or pertaining to the sex that begets or procreates young, or ( in a wider sense) to the sex that produces spermatozoa, by which the ova are fertilized; not female; as, male organs.
- Same as Mail, a bag.
- Suitable to the male sex; characteristic or suggestive of a male; masculine; as, male courage.
manlike, male person, macho, young-begetting, virile, mannish, phallic, anthropoid, manful, manly, gender, staminate, priapic, potent, macho, he, vigorous, antheral.
male (part of speech: adjective)
man (part of speech: noun)