Definition of man:
- A human being; - opposed tobeast.
- A married man; a husband; - correlative to wife.
- A term of familiar address often implying on the part of the speaker some degree of authority, impatience, or haste; as, Come, man, we 've no time to lose!
- An adult male servant; also, a vassal; a subject.
- Especially: An adult male person; a grown- up male person, as distinguished from a woman or a child.
- One of the piece with which certain games, as chess or draughts, are played.
- One possessing in a high degree the distinctive qualities of manhood; one having manly excellence of any kind.
- One, or any one, indefinitely; - a modified survival of the Saxon use of man, or mon, as an indefinite pronoun.
- The human race; mankind.
- The male portion of the human race.
- To furnish with a servants.
- To furnish with strength for action; to prepare for efficiency; to fortify.
- To supply with men; to furnish with a sufficient force or complement of men, as for management, service, defense, or the like; to guard; as, to man a ship, boat, or fort.
- To tame, as a hawk.
- To wait on as a manservant.
heat, domain, isle of man, earthly concern, personage, soldiery, being, all together, husband, humankind, globe, art object, troops, flatfoot, he, earth, gendarme, patrolwoman, life, human being, peace officer, person, policewoman, bluecoat, mankind, macrocosm, homo, patrolman, constable, worldly concern, party, flesh, composition, world, partner, valet, yeoman, valet de chambre, police officer, police, Sir, cosmos, musical composition, policeman, officer, serviceman, creation, reality, copper, homophile, patch, mortal, gay, homosexual, piece of music, human race, swain, humanness, piece, firearm, law, human beings, bull, while, blade, humanity, military man, creature, humans, united, objet d'art, opus, peeler, bobby, human, unanimously, spouse, military personnel, individual, finest, fuzz, body, mister, bit, slice, small-arm, spell, Homo sapiens, cop, part, beau, gentleman's gentleman, master, hominid, soul, universe, existence, adult male.
- adult (part of speech: noun)
- mankind (part of speech: noun)
- man (part of speech: noun)