Definition of management:
- Business dealing; negotiation; arrangement.
- Judicious use of means to accomplish an end; conduct directed by art or address; skillful treatment; cunning practice; - often in a bad sense.
- The act or art of managing; the manner of treating, directing, carrying on, or using, for a purpose; conduct; administration; guidance; control; as, the management of a family or of a farm; the management of state affairs.
- The collective body of those who manage or direct any enterprise or interest; the board of managers.
forethought, caution, focus, guidance, focusing, conservation, superintendence, care, preservation, conservancy, focussing, affect, husbandry, direction, prudence, centering, wariness, keep, lead, anxiety, counsel, solicitude, heed, worry, watchfulness, instruction, precaution, circumspection, trouble, counselling, counseling, steering, supervision, over, vigilance, attention, perplexity, way, focal point.
business (part of speech: noun)
- busy work,
- control (part of speech: noun)
- command (part of speech: noun)
- "Winter Fun", William O. Stoddard.
- "The Flight of the Shadow", George MacDonald.
I know well how difficult a matter this of child training is, for every day, in the management of my own family of children, I find each philosophy, science and art as I can command very much put to the test.- "Study of Child Life", Marion Foster Washburne.