Definition of mangle:
- A machine for smoothing linen or cotton cloth, as sheets, tablecloths, napkins, and clothing, by roller pressure.
- To cut or bruise with repeated blows or strokes, making a ragged or torn wound, or covering with wounds; to tear in cutting; to cut in a bungling manner; to lacerate; to mutilate.
- To mutilate or injure, in making, doing, or pertaining; as, to mangle a piece of music or a recitation.
- To smooth with a mangle, as damp linen or cloth.
off, rupture, rip, sunder, lacerate, compartmentalise, slay, dispatch, compartmentalize, iron, polish off, mar, carve, tear, attack, batter, remove, slit, break, rend, bump off, maul, cut up, murder, mutilate, rive, electric ironer, hack, rough up, help, cleave, hit, sever, strike, burst.
- "On the Pampas", G. A. Henty.
- "The Grey Cloak", Harold MacGrath.
- "Nature's Serial Story", E. P. Roe.