Definition of mannerism:
- habit (part of speech: noun)
- pretension (part of speech: noun)
- specialty (part of speech: noun)
- phrase (part of speech: noun)
- "The Voice in the Fog", Harold MacGrath.
No one can too much admire the legerdemain of the magician who could produce this thing; for it is a story out of the Arabian Nights, told with a perfection of mannerism, a reproduction of the English in which the later translators of the Arabian Nights have seen fit to deal, a simulation of the movement and detail of the Eastern stories which fairly takes our breath away.- "Emerson and Other Essays", John Jay Chapman.
- "A Text-Book of the History of Painting", John C. Van Dyke.