Definition of mannerly:
- courteous (part of speech: adjective)
- methodical (part of speech: adjective)
- methodically (part of speech: adverb)
- conforming (part of speech: adjective)
- "Cedric, the Forester", Bernard Gay Marshall.
- "Gigolo", Edna Ferber.
Why," continued he, turning to the harper, " I ask your pardon for speaking out so free before strangers in praise of my own, which I know is not mannerly; but the truth is the fittest thing to be spoken, as I think, at all times; therefore, here's your good health, Susan; why, by- and- by she'll be worth her weight in gold- in silver at least.- "The Parent's Assistant", Maria Edgeworth.