Definition of manoeuvre:
- Management with address or artful design; adroit proceeding; stratagem.
- Management; dexterous movement; specif., a military or naval evolution, movement, or change of position.
- See Maneuver.
- To change the positions of, as of troops of ships.
- To manage with address or art; to scheme.
- To perform a movement or movements in military or naval tactics; to make changes in position with reference to getting advantage in attack or defense.
head up, manoeuver, address, drama, child's play, designate, transmit, dramatic play, channel, operate, guide on, sport, charge, gambol, bid, mastermind, calculate, operate on, taper, shimmer, period of play, evasive action, gambling, level, send, draw, take, swordplay, steer, conduct, channelize, work, tactical manoeuvre, guide, train, show, function, maneuver, free rein, signal, organise, point, target, tactical maneuver, pass, control, direct, lead, betoken, tactics, luff, looseness, orchestrate, gaming, organize, indicate, place, channelise, mesh, simulated military operation, aim, lock, engineer, transport, play, romp, tactic, run, repoint, bespeak, take aim, turn, fun, transfer, go, engage, head, sharpen, playing period, frolic, orient, caper.
- "A Sketch of the Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion", William Dobein James.
- "Cuba, Old and New", Albert Gardner Robinson.
- "Hurricane Hurry", W.H.G. Kingston.