Definition of manor:
- A tract of land occupied by tenants who pay a free- farm rent to the proprietor, sometimes in kind, and sometimes by performing certain stipulated services.
- The land belonging to a lord or nobleman, or so much land as a lord or great personage kept in his own hands, for the use and subsistence of his family.
apartment building, hall, mansion, billet, adobe, backyard, alleyway, hacienda, car park, back, apartment, cloister, blind alley, medieval, chalet, manse, liege, campus, close, castle, villa, alchemist, boarding house, mediaeval, lord, bungalow, cabin, palace, feudal, demesne, manor house, alchemy, arcade, alley, feudalism, château, bunkhouse, M., hotel.
- "Madeline Payne, the Detective's Daughter", Lawrence L. Lynch.
- "The Man with a Shadow", George Manville Fenn.
- "The Nameless Castle", Maurus Jókai.