Definition of mansion:
- A dwelling place, - whether a part or whole of a house or other shelter.
- A twelfth part of the heavens; a house. See 1st House, 8.
- The house of the lord of a manor; a manor house; hence: Any house of considerable size or pretension.
- The place in the heavens occupied each day by the moon in its monthly revolution.
- To dwell; to reside.
lobby, house, mark, entrance hall, menage, planetary house, student residence, residence, palace, manse, residency, household, vestibule, firm, dorm, foretoken, mansion house, signal, signboard, theater, theatre, star sign, business firm, preindication, manor hall, hallway, hall, anteroom, abidance, antechamber, residence hall, augury, stately home, sign of the zodiac, estate, signaling, foyer, polarity, dormitory, sign, family.
- "Alias The Lone Wolf", Louis Joseph Vance.
- "The Lone Ranche", Captain Mayne Reid.
- "Furze the Cruel", John Trevena.