Definition of manual:
- A keyboard of an organ or harmonium for the fingers, as distinguished from the pedals; a clavier, or set of keys.
- A prescribed exercise in the systematic handing of a weapon; as, the manual of arms; the manual of the sword; the manual of the piece ( cannon, mortar, etc.).
- A small book, such as may be carried in the hand, or conveniently handled; a handbook; specifically, the service book of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Of or pertaining to the hand; done or made by the hand; as, manual labor; the king's sign manual.
- book (part of speech: noun)
- "Essays on the Constitution of the United States", Paul Leicester Ford.
- "The Disturbing Charm", Berta Ruck.
Mr. Campbell's doctrines of soil culture, based on his accumulated experience, are presented in Campbell's " Soil Culture Manual," the first edition of which appeared about 1904 and the latest edition, considerably extended, was published in 1907. The 1907 manual is the latest official word by Mr. Campbell on the principles and methods of the " Campbell system."- "Dry-Farming", John A. Widtsoe.