Definition of manure:
- Any matter which makes land productive; a fertilizing substance, as the contents of stables and barnyards, dung, decaying animal or vegetable substances, etc.
- To apply manure to; to enrich, as land, by the application of a fertilizing substance.
- To cultivate by manual labor; to till; hence, to develop by culture.
- "Common Diseases of Farm Animals", R. A. Craig, D. V. M..
- "Dry-Farming", John A. Widtsoe.
- "Rambles and Recollections of an Indian Official", William Sleeman.