Definition of marine:
- A picture representing some marine subject.
- A solider serving on shipboard; a sea soldier; one of a body of troops trained to do duty in the navy.
- Formed by the action of the currents or waves of the sea; as, marine deposits.
- Of or pertaining to the sea; having to do with the ocean, or with navigation or naval affairs; nautical; as, marine productions or bodies; marine shells; a marine engine.
- The sum of naval affairs; naval economy; the department of navigation and sea forces; the collective shipping of a country; as, the mercantile marine.
- "The Drummer's Coat", J. W. Fortescue.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "The Conspiracy of Pontiac and the Indian War after the Conquest of Canada", Francis Parkman.