Definition of maroon:
- A brownish or dull red of any description, esp. of a scarlet cast rather than approaching crimson or purple.
- An explosive shell. See Marron, 3.
- Having the color called maroon. See 4th Maroon.
- In the West Indies and Guiana, a fugitive slave, or a free negro, living in the mountains.
- To put ( a person) ashore on a desolate island or coast and leave him to his fate.
- "You-Never-Can-Tell", Shaw, Bernard.
- "A Man to His Mate", J. Allan Dunn.
- "The Turner Twins", Ralph Henry Barbour.