Definition of marriage:
- A feast made on the occasion of a marriage.
- Any intimate or close union.
- In bezique, penuchle, and similar games at cards, the combination of a king and queen of the same suit. If of the trump suit, it is called a royal marriage.
- The act of marrying, or the state of being married; legal union of a man and a woman for life, as husband and wife; wedlock; matrimony.
- The marriage vow or contract.
sum, espousals, spousal, trade union, spousal relationship, compatibility, conjugality, conjugal union, intimacy, match, spousals, bridal, comradeship, separation, wedding party, hymeneals, union, friendship, nuptial, brotherhood, labor union, man and wife, trades union, divorce, wedding, unification, wedding ceremony, join, married couple, pairing, mating, marriage ceremony, connubiality, chastity, matrimony, conglutination, uniting, wedlock, sexual union.
- inclusion (part of speech: noun)
- marriage (part of speech: noun)
rite (part of speech: noun)
- last rites
- junction (part of speech: noun)