Definition of marriage :
1. A feast made on the occasion of a marriage.
2. Any intimate or close union.
3. In bezique, penuchle, and similar games at cards, the combination of a king and queen of the same suit. If of the trump suit, it is called a royal marriage.
4. The act of marrying, or the state of being married; legal union of a man and a woman for life, as husband and wife; wedlock; matrimony.
5. The marriage vow or contract.
marriage ceremony, separation, brotherhood, chastity, wedding ceremony, intimacy, spousals, spousal, espousals, trade union, married couple, sum, unification, uniting, comradeship, match, trades union, mating, nuptial, bridal, spousal relationship, conglutination, friendship, conjugal union, join, hymeneals, compatibility, wedding party, connubiality, sexual union, pairing, divorce, labor union, conjugality
inclusion (part of speech: noun)
marriage (part of speech: noun)
rite (part of speech: noun)
holiday, celebration, ceremony, baptism, christening, mass, Eucharist, revival, convocation, evensong, remembrance, last rites, novena, missal, rite, communion, transubstantiation, observance, solemnization, ritual, liturgy, Siddur, nones, service, confirmation, sacrifice, initiation, canon, vesper, sacrament
junction (part of speech: noun)
affiliation, affixation, junction, attachment, annexation, branch, adherence, connectedness, connection, meeting, wedding, consolidation, amalgamation, juxtaposition, coupling, bond, splice, alliance, joint, juncture, merger, relationship, synergy, jointure, abutment, conjunction, adjacency