Definition of marrow:
- One of a pair; a match; a companion; an intimate associate.
- The essence; the best part.
- The tissue which fills the cavities of most bones; the medulla. In the larger cavities it is commonly very fatty, but in the smaller cavities it is much less fatty, and red or reddish in color.
- To fill with, or as with, marrow of fat; to glut.
nerve centre, shopping centre, affection, core group, centerfield, content, pith, effect, center field, coccyx, nerve center, gist, center of attention, message, amount of money, shopping mall, bosom, spunk, marrow squash, center, tenderness, bone, means, philia, warmness, eye, inwardness, heart, gravamen, centre, backbone, vegetable marrow, stuff, breastbone, nitty-gritty, core, meaning, clavicle, join, essence, subject matter, collarbone, meat, root, summation, centre of attention, ball-and-socket joint, perfume, amount, heart and soul, shopping center, pump, stub, mettle, sum of money, nubble, ticker, ankle, snapper, be, affectionateness, plaza, internality, substance, coccyx, union, quintessence, warmheartedness, totality, aggregate, kernel, sum, mall, nub, nerve, fondness, cheekbone, bone marrow, total, magnetic core, sum total, burden.
- focus (part of speech: noun)
- middle (part of speech: noun)
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.