Definition of marry:
- Figuratively, to unite in the closest and most endearing relation.
- Indeed ! in truth ! - a term of asseveration said to have been derived from the practice of swearing by the Virgin Mary.
- To dispose of in wedlock; to give away as wife.
- To enter into the conjugal or connubial state; to take a husband or a wife.
- To join according to law, ( a man) to a woman as his wife, or ( a woman) to a man as her husband. See the Note to def. 4.
- To take for husband or wife. See the Note below.
- To unite in wedlock or matrimony; to perform the ceremony of joining, as a man and a woman, for life; to constitute ( a man and a woman) husband and wife according to the laws or customs of the place.
bridal, bachelorette party, draw, divorce, double up, best man, wed, put away, marriage, harmonize, bridal party, mate, link, follow, coalesce, compound, concrete, bachelor party, annul, match up, betrothal, piece together, tie, intermarry, blend, unify, betrothed, be joined in marriage/holy matrimony, hook up with, get hitched with, match, contract a marriage, hang together, yoke, fuse, remarry, espouse, interfuse, embrace, separate, conjoin, go/walk down the aisle, meld, combine, bridal shower, bride, assemble, get married, sweep up, link up, adopt, give, complement, banns, tie the knot, go with, partner.
- include (part of speech: verb)
- attach (part of speech: verb)
- join (part of speech: verb)
- marry (part of speech: verb)
- relate (part of speech: verb)