Definition of martial:
- Belonging to war, or to an army and navy; - opposed to civil; as, martial law; a court- martial.
- Of, pertaining to, or suited for, war; military; as, martial music; a martial appearance.
- Pertaining to, or containing, iron; chalybeate; as, martial preparations.
- Pertaining to, or resembling, the god, or the planet, Mars.
- Practiced in, or inclined to, war; warlike; brave.
study at military, peace, militarized, embattled, bellicose, warlike, hawkish, front-line, warriorlike, militant, in the field, soldierlike, combative, service, tactical, militaristic, military, soldierly, paramilitary, belligerent, military.
- "Ahead of the Army", W. O. Stoddard.
- "Botchan (Master Darling)", Mr. Kin-nosuke Natsume, trans. by Yasotaro Morri.
- "The Khasis", P. R. T. Gurdon.