Definition of masonry:
- That which is built by a mason; anything constructed of the materials used by masons, such as stone, brick, tiles, or the like. Dry masonry is applied to structures made without mortar.
- The art or occupation of a mason.
- The craft, institution, or mysteries of Freemasons; freemasonry.
- The work or performance of a mason; as, good or bad masonry; skillful masonry.
Heavy blows were falling against the masonry round the grating, and we could hear the nerve- racking sound of a file working on the iron bars; and farther away, below the window, those awful yells of human beings transformed by hate and fury into savage beasts.- "The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel", Baroness Orczy.
- "See America First", Orville O. Hiestand.
- "The Ruined Cities of Zululand", Hugh Mulleneux Walmsley.