Definition of mass:
- A large quantity; a sum.
- A medicinal substance made into a cohesive, homogeneous lump, of consistency suitable for making pills; as, blue mass.
- A quantity of matter cohering together so as to make one body, or an aggregation of particles or things which collectively make one body or quantity, usually of considerable size; as, a mass of ore, metal, sand, or water.
- Bulk; magnitude; body; size.
- The portions of the usually set to music, considered as a musical composition; - namely, the Kyrie, the Gloria, the Credo, the Sanctus, and the Agnus Dei, besides sometimes an Offertory and the Benedictus.
- The principal part; the main body.
- The quantity of matter which a body contains, irrespective of its bulk or volume.
- The sacrifice in the sacrament of the Eucharist, or the consecration and oblation of the host.
- To celebrate Mass.
- To form or collect into a mass; to form into a collective body; to bring together into masses; to assemble.
pickle, the great unwashed, gathering, loudness, portion, coagulation, drift, survey, mountain, third estate, plurality, book, megabucks, can, group, ken, lot, intensity, troop, plenitude, nap, commonalty, peck, dope, push-down store, assemblage, concourse, muss, jackpot, order, potentiometer, general, ruck, quid, piling, messiness, accumulation, rush, stilt, business deal, vision, mound, push-down storage, pot, passel, visual modality, smoke, hand, slew, amplitude, mickle, bank, push-down list, masses, plenteousness, tumble, quantity, skunk, object, flowerpot, wealth, concretion, potty, over, great deal, cumulation, clot, weed, amassment, aggregation, bus, good deal, circle, people, drove, caboodle, chain reactor, potful, whole lot, swarm, sess, destiny, plentifulness, pile, agglomerate, multitude, bundle, set, score, smokestack, collect, visual sense, matter, chaw, atomic reactor, bulk, chew, clutch, green goddess, hunk, upsurge, freshet, big, congeries, heap, view, mint candy, raft, voltaic pile, batch, cumulus, aggregative, locoweed, hoi polloi, jalopy, softwood, big, mess, deal, surge, kettle of fish, as a whole, collectively, gob, mint, much, hatful, sens, sight, gage, band, citizenry, fortune, kitty, down, lump, tumor, collective, battalion, gathered, body, big money, muddle, commonality, large number, muckle, large-scale, commode, hill, core, flock, collection, spile, whole slew, mess hall, cud, cloud, plebeian, throne, plug, hole, luck, push-down stack, draw, world, trade, preponderancy, spate, profusion, atomic pile, crapper, aggregated, size, shock, tidy sum, section, PLeB, bargain, majority, agglomeration, corporation, potbelly, plenty, galvanic pile, bunch, preponderance, wad, crush, big bucks, quite a little, block, mount, fix, barrel, bay window, tummy, jam, aggregate, fold, pack, volume, power, grass, chunk, abundance, stack, fate, army, circumstances, magnitude, toilet, stool, mussiness, press, plentitude, piece.
- heaviness (part of speech: noun)
- people (part of speech: noun)
- entire (part of speech: adjective)
rite (part of speech: noun)
- last rites
- universal (part of speech: adjective)
- size (part of speech: noun)
- "Maid Marian", Thomas Love Peacock.
- "The Children's Book of Christmas Stories", Various.
- "The Social Cancer A Complete English Version of Noli Me Tangere", José Rizal.