Definition of massage :
1. A rubbing or kneading of the body, especially when performed as a hygienic or remedial measure.
2. To treat by means of massage; to rub or knead; as, to massage a patient with ointment.
knead, overpraise, determine, prove, facial, work, butter up, rub, belaud, assess, compute, bleed, adulate, abrade, analgesia, anaesthesia, press, cotton wool ball, cotton wool, aftercare, anesthetize, aromatherapy, anesthesia, blarney, cotton swab, artificial insemination, alternative medicine, cleanse, calculate, abrase, puff, exfoliate, reckon, count, bring back, catheterize, catch, bypass, add up, anaesthetize, honey, estimate, attend, stroke, soft-soap, cotton bud, rub down, acupuncture, corrade, hero-worship, cauterize, caress, bandage, artificial feeding, handkerchief, face peel, rub off, acupressure, cotton, project
- Rick, I thought I saw the barber from Washington- the one with the massage machine!" - "The Electronic Mind Reader", John Blaine.
- George ordered an operating table, on which to massage his patients, a few other necessities, and in high spirits, went about fixing up his office and finishing his school. - "A Daughter of the Land", Gene Stratton-Porter.
- They did help me with massage and they decided it was caused by the jolt when my parachute had opened. - "The Biography of a Rabbit", Roy Benson, Jr..