Definition of mastery:
ascendency, program line, instruction, statement, dominance, capacity, controller, command, restraint, subordination, expertness, control condition, over, backing, advantage, domination, bid, say-so, supremacy, bidding, ascendence, ascendance, education, dominion, control, jurisdiction, dictation, ascendance, hyponymy.
- control (part of speech: verb)
authority (part of speech: noun)
- supremacy (part of speech: noun)
- influence (part of speech: noun)
- skill (part of speech: noun)
- intelligence (part of speech: noun)
- command (part of speech: noun)
- power (part of speech: noun)
- cunning (part of speech: noun)
- victory (part of speech: noun)
As your highness may imagine, this was not very agreeable news; I almost started from my chair when I heard it; but I had sufficient mastery over myself to conceal my feelings, although every morsel that I put into my mouth nearly choked me.- "The Pacha of Many Tales", Captain Frederick Marryat.
- "The Allen House or Twenty Years Ago and Now", T. S. Arthur.
- "Abraham Lincoln", John Drinkwater.