Definition of material:
- Consisting of matter; not spiritual; corporeal; physical; as, material substance or bodies.
- Hence: Pertaining to, or affecting, the physical nature of man, as distinguished from the mental or moral nature; relating to the bodily wants, interests, and comforts.
- Of solid or weighty character; not insubstantial; of cinsequence; not be dispensed with; important.
- Pertaining to the matter, as opposed to the form, of a thing. See Matter.
- The substance or matter of which anything is made or may be made.
- To form from matter; to materialize.
bodily, rig, hearty, fabric, existent, poppycock, somatic, incarnate, timber, much, corporate, stuff, real, tangible, substantial, stuff and nonsense, sensible, corporal, framework, gear, materiel, means, turnout, satisfying, worldly, veridical, hooey, clobber, be, touchable, corporeal, reincarnate, paraphernalia, outfit, notable, textile, embodied, literal, relevant, equipment, accouterment, visible, square, genuine, strong, apparatus, tackle, bodied, cloth, crucial, physical.
- earthy (part of speech: adjective)
- material (part of speech: noun)
- component (part of speech: noun)
- substance (part of speech: noun)
- texture (part of speech: noun)
- substantial (part of speech: adjective)
- "Report Of Commemorative Services With The Sermons And Addresses At The Seabury Centenary, 1883-1885.", Diocese Of Connecticut.
- "The Girl Aviators' Sky Cruise", Margaret Burnham.
- "The Year When Stardust Fell", Raymond F. Jones.