Definition of materially:
- materially (part of speech: adverb)
- manifestly (part of speech: adverb)
- substantially (part of speech: adverb)
She has, it is true, proposed a problem which cannot be accurately solved; but she has introduced into the problem, as proposed in the solar system, certain special features which materially reduce the difficulty.- "The Story of the Heavens", Robert Stawell Ball.
- "Ducks and Geese", Harry M. Lamon Rob R. Slocum.
- "Commercialized Prostitution in New York City", George Jackson Kneeland.