Definition of meat :
1. Food, in general; anything eaten for nourishment, either by man or beast. Hence, the edible part of anything; as, the meat of a lobster, a nut, or an egg.
2. Specifically, dinner; the chief meal.
3. The flesh of animals used as food; esp., animal muscle; as, a breakfast of bread and fruit without meat.
4. To supply with food.
nerve, subject matter, centre of attention, gist, shopping centre, edible, stub, join, nerve centre, gravamen, nub, provision, perfume, means, nerve center, middle, centerfield, shopping mall, total, vegetable marrow, midpoint, heart and soul, pabulum, pump, goose, provender, nitty-gritty, marrow squash, mettle, nurture, tenderness, burden, amount, bone marrow, stuff, content, message, magnetic core, be, ticker, pap, union, core group, rabbit, snapper, sum of money, totality, amount of money, victual, meaning, warmness, aggregate, fondness, substance, diet, eats, aliment, spunk, affection, chow, nourishment, nubble, root, nutrition, philia, esculent, centre, inwardness, sum, warmheartedness, sum total, comestible, center field, quintessence, duck, pith, mall, eye, affectionateness, bosom, center of attention, summation, plaza, effect, shopping center, internality
focus (part of speech: noun)
focus, magnet, hub, asymptote, epitome, kernel, core, gathering, essence, intersection, nucleus, funnel, polestar, marrow, bottleneck, lodestar, forum, lure, axle, soul, rendezvous, plenum, spirit, heart, crossing, center, crux, rally
meat (part of speech: noun)
hot dog, sirloin, filet mignon, lamb, tripe, chicken, wiener, flesh, loin chop, meat loaf, tenderloin, kidney, bacon, spareribs, porterhouse steak, frankfurter, ribs, cutlet, chop, minute steak, flank, roast beef, Canadian bacon, pot roast, sirloin steak, pork chop, hamburger, T-bone steak, fillet, poultry, sausage, liver, brisket, lamb chop, mutton, smoked sausage, ground beef, pork, roast, venison, ham, veal, ham hock, beef, rump roast, meat pie, turkey
substance (part of speech: noun)
meal (part of speech: noun)
bread, breakfast, meal, drink, dinner, fare, barbecue, feed, food, picnic, taste, foodstuff, cuisine, nutriment, grub, eating, spread, consumption, ingestion, morsel, repast, snack, sustenance, lunch, banquet, feast, board
- This meat needs no sugarcuring or smoking and will keep many more years with no fear of the blue- bottle fly. - "See America First", Orville O. Hiestand.
- This is to serve them for drink as well as meat, and no other drink be given them. - "The Closet of Sir Kenelm Digby Knight Opened", Kenelm Digby.
- Jest got in on thet train with a car- load of fresh meat." - "The U.P. Trail", Zane Grey.