Definition of medal :
1. A piece of metal in the form of a coin, struck with a device, and intended to preserve the remembrance of a notable event or an illustrious person, or to serve as a reward.
2. To honor or reward with a medal.
reward (part of speech: noun)
- Bring me a medal of Saint Clara. - "The Red Lily, v2", Anatole France.
- But reverse the medal. - "Alice, or The Mysteries, Book III", Edward Bulwer Lytton.
- A comet was seen by Hind, and by no other observer: after correspondence, principally in 1848, the medal was refused to him. - "Autobiography of Sir George Biddell Airy", George Biddell Airy.