Definition of mediocre:
garden, indifferent, bonnie, plain, cut-and-dried, second-class, fair, average, comely, middling, garden-variety, inferior, poor, second-rate, low-grade, unremarkable, ordinary, modal, substandard, shabby, bad, bonny, low-quality, clean, honest, fairish, better, formulaic, unexceptional, sightly, reasonable, good, just, undistinguished.
- average (part of speech: adjective)
- middle (part of speech: adjective)
- mediocre (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Tinder-Box", Maria Thompson Daviess.
- "Parrot & Co.", Harold MacGrath.
- "Town Life in Australia 1883", R. E. N. (Richard) Twopeny.