Definition of meet :
1. An assembling together; esp., the assembling of huntsmen for the hunt; also, the persons who so assemble, and the place of meeting.
3. Suitable; fit; proper; appropriate; qualified; convenient.
4. To assemble together; to congregate; as, Congress meets on the first Monday of December.
5. To come in collision with; to confront in conflict; to encounter hostilely; as, they met the enemy and defeated them; the ship met opposing winds and currents.
6. To come into the presence of without contact; to come close to; to intercept; to come within the perception, influence, or recognition of; as, to meet a train at a junction; to meet carriages or persons in the street; to meet friends at a party; sweet sounds met the ear.
7. To come together by mutual approach; esp., to come in contact, or into proximity, by approach from opposite directions; to join; to come face to face; to come in close relationship; as, we met in the street; two lines meet so as to form an angle.
8. To come together by mutual concessions; hence, to agree; to harmonize; to unite.
9. To come together with hostile purpose; to have an encounter or conflict.
10. To come up to; to be even with; to equal; to match; to satisfy; to ansver; as, to meet one's expectations; the supply meets the demand.
11. To join, or come in contact with; esp., to come in contact with by approach from an opposite direction; to come upon or against, front to front, as distinguished from contact by following and overtaking.
12. To perceive; to come to a knowledge of; to have personal acquaintance with; to experience; to suffer; as, the eye met a horrid sight; he met his fate.
enter, bet, find, seemly, view, assure, brook, catch, gibe, bear the cost/expense etc., set up, beseeming, strike, meet with, pat, angling, blood sports, championship, face, chance, accumulate, accommodate, resonate, roleplay, check, bear on, applicable, allude, bump, address, fund, butt on, feelings, neighbor, comely, suit, contest, knock against, meet up with, garner, do, ache, draw, experience, follow, suffer, gain, project, occupy, find out, disturb, handle, pick up, stomach, hit, feel, forgather, bear, bring, admit, have, relate, fit out, conflict, edge, play, discover, visit, carry through, know, assume, perfect, glower, happen, get through, trifle, fitting, spiel, action, take something on board, tolerate, rendezvous, couple, learn, do something, impact, extend, jostle, take up, tuck, bifurcate, clear the air, clash, capture, get together, reckon, picture, sustain, neat, go down, come upon, bite, near, bore into, refer, lose, satisfy, cast, escort, take on, fall in, get wind, translate, chance on, bear upon, graceful, acknowledge, befitting, fix with, understand, tint, outfit, make the best of something, introduce, talk through, extend to, flirt, visualize, verge, suffice, conform to, playact, bye, realise, competition, pay out, ran into, come to, control, undertake, determine, pile up, bend, work, stroke, cumulate, combat, leave, satiate, coincide, keep, rival, foregather, stare down, accomplish, reach, expedient, fitted, bound, abide, branch off, tack together, decent, look, participate, date, pit, tally, tinct, tinge, finance, duel, collaborate, stick out, examine, shout out, fair, challenge, card, timely, agree, take in, push, have-to doe with, mate, hold to, advert, take over, make full, respond, big game, meet up, concern, result in, carry out, chance upon, wreak, brush, go, act, appropriate, run across, take, insure, come across, open, gather up, congruous, stand, diddle, close season, get, join forces, deliver, conglomerate, equip, amass, canvass, crown, taste, stir, wager, jar against, decide, disburse, well-chosen, witness, construe, same, tie, remember, good, close, the Commonwealth Games, see to it, make for, fulfill, suited, felicitous, react, spend, toy, fill, outstare, jibe, diverge, call forth, disperse, visualise, see in, get a line, endure, end, suitable, provoke, just, fulfil, piece, abandon, carry, battle, pay your respects (to someone), leer, bag, touch on, dally, Cup, take care, oppose, come on, pucker, fiddle, right, invite, race, greeting, worthy, fancy, bait, collide with, happy, shove, fight, consider, pull together, invest in, converge, sports meeting, becoming, lock, acquire, ideal, replete, sate, keep your word, represent, pay, attain, see, put together, figure, adhere, present, apt, equalise, adopt, go steady, play off, appear, eye, realize, correspond, envision, lower, gratify, interpret, go out, see about, stick to, put up, cope with, proper, answer, partake, impinge on, obtain, pluck, cooperate, recreate, get word, undergo, hear, decorous, pair, accept, come through, prove, pretty, ride, execute, regard, march, familiarize with, support, negotiate, twin, act as, happen upon, butt against, honor, divide, fit, fall upon, fill up, resort, image, run, light upon, tackle, possible, ascend, bring forth, go through, tack, live up to, pertain, graze, digest, affect, ascertain, watch, come over, engage, ensure, incur, get hold of, deal with, convenient, hurt, equate
equal (part of speech: verb)
converge (part of speech: verb)
meet (part of speech: verb)
socialize (part of speech: verb)
contact (part of speech: verb)
converse (part of speech: verb)
congregate (part of speech: verb)
- I was very glad to meet her. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- Perhaps, we'll meet again some day. - "The Jervaise Comedy", J. D. Beresford.
- Perhaps he will meet the Shawnees. - "Spotted Deer", Elmer Gregor.