Definition of meet:
- An assembling together; esp., the assembling of huntsmen for the hunt; also, the persons who so assemble, and the place of meeting.
- Suitable; fit; proper; appropriate; qualified; convenient.
- To assemble together; to congregate; as, Congress meets on the first Monday of December.
- To come in collision with; to confront in conflict; to encounter hostilely; as, they met the enemy and defeated them; the ship met opposing winds and currents.
- To come into the presence of without contact; to come close to; to intercept; to come within the perception, influence, or recognition of; as, to meet a train at a junction; to meet carriages or persons in the street; to meet friends at a party; sweet sounds met the ear.
- To come together by mutual approach; esp., to come in contact, or into proximity, by approach from opposite directions; to join; to come face to face; to come in close relationship; as, we met in the street; two lines meet so as to form an angle.
- To come together by mutual concessions; hence, to agree; to harmonize; to unite.
- To come together with hostile purpose; to have an encounter or conflict.
- To come up to; to be even with; to equal; to match; to satisfy; to ansver; as, to meet one's expectations; the supply meets the demand.
- To join, or come in contact with; esp., to come in contact with by approach from an opposite direction; to come upon or against, front to front, as distinguished from contact by following and overtaking.
- To perceive; to come to a knowledge of; to have personal acquaintance with; to experience; to suffer; as, the eye met a horrid sight; he met his fate.
agree, stand, discover, appropriate, refer, suffer, insure, finance, spiel, gather up, seemly, blood sports, accomplish, deliver, ensure, tally, timely, pretty, butt on, shove, engage, control, get a line, visualize, cope with, familiarize with, take care, Cup, jar against, stick out, look, fancy, chance upon, forgather, check, ideal, bag, play, canvass, fitted, the Commonwealth Games, advert, see to it, fall upon, acquire, bait, fill, congruous, ache, fulfil, get wind, prove, understand, learn, good, make full, get, figure, endure, tuck, fill up, take over, go down, have, face, tack, remember, fair, conflict, honor, fix with, accumulate, conform to, determine, right, assure, hit, open, see in, accommodate, pay out, picture, get together, suit, diddle, hear, execute, tolerate, bear on, keep, adopt, tinct, clash, fall in, encounter, ascertain, invite, witness, big game, felicitous, obtain, call forth, tackle, bring, make the best of something, possible, stare down, digest, bite, apt, perfect, take on, put together, project, sustain, touch on, find, talk through, see, piece, graze, hold to, crown, participate, pick up, graceful, occupy, just, consider, appear, race, equip, converge, pat, abandon, impinge on, card, brush, happy, battle, come upon, present, bend, becoming, gain, happen, undergo, run, collide with, invest in, action, tinge, flirt, pertain, visit, trifle, match, admit, close season, relate, shout out, decent, collaborate, construe, roleplay, chance on, carry out, carry through, go, suited, assemble, foregather, attain, correspond, stir, pay your respects (to someone), decide, branch off, pucker, adhere, hurt, get hold of, disturb, regard, verge, impact, playact, ride, assume, visualise, same, equate, reckon, near, contact, befitting, date, follow, bump, deal with, ascend, do, championship, live up to, gratify, push, neighbor, fit, cast, wager, stroke, cumulate, receive, experience, march, outstare, draw, affect, fight, disburse, come to, see about, get through, introduce, capture, recreate, contest, bound, amass, abide, tie, come over, edge, suitable, find out, realize, beseeming, support, clear the air, run across, greeting, interpret, know, pair, resonate, bore into, light upon, acknowledge, take up, well-chosen, bear upon, incur, enter, accept, diverge, competition, satiate, put up, answer, lower, extend, bifurcate, catch, lose, expedient, meet up with, brook, adjoin, proper, outfit, stick to, convenient, disperse, equalise, lock, bet, set up, jostle, get word, worthy, conglomerate, allude, coincide, mate, strike, come through, undertake, tint, comely, escort, butt against, take in, duel, play off, garner, act, rendezvous, bear the cost/expense etc., satisfy, applicable, join forces, glower, take something on board, reach, oppose, feel, keep your word, realise, extend to, pluck, respond, go out, carry, sate, end, leave, cooperate, angling, resort, taste, come across, do something, pay, happen upon, rival, decorous, tack together, gather, chance, suffice, wreak, image, pull together, challenge, divide, dally, meet with, examine, fulfill, bring forth, meet up, neat, negotiate, partake, fit out, leer, feelings, ran into, twin, touch, pit, close, act as, go steady, replete, result in, eye, make for, go through, handle, sports meeting, view, fitting, gibe, watch, fund, react, jibe, come on, have-to doe with, couple, work, fiddle, concern, bear, bye, knock against, take, translate, address, represent, envision, stomach, spend, pile up, combat, provoke, toy.
- equal (part of speech: verb)
- converge (part of speech: verb)
- meet (part of speech: verb)
- socialize (part of speech: verb)
- contact (part of speech: verb)
- converse (part of speech: verb)
- congregate (part of speech: verb)
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "The Jervaise Comedy", J. D. Beresford.
- "Spotted Deer", Elmer Gregor.