Definition of mellow:
- Easily worked or penetrated; not hard or rigid; as, a mellow soil.
- Not coarse, rough, or harsh; subdued; soft; rich; delicate; - said of sound, color, flavor, style, etc.
- Soft or tender by reason of ripeness; having a tender pulp; as, a mellow apple.
- To become mellow; as, ripe fruit soon mellows.
- To make mellow.
- Warmed by liquor; slightly intoxicated.
- Well matured; softened by years; genial; jovial.
at ease, round, vibrant, gamey, easygoing, perfected, fade, gamy, ringing, cultured, grow, relaxed, thaw, matured, ripe, pleasant, matured, resonant, laid-back, eminent, orotund, mellowing, inebriated, sonorous, rotund, dethaw, melt down, mature, sweet, tender, mellowly, run, seasoned, drunk, evaporate, mellowed, meld, gracious, dissolve, youth, disappear, soft, resounding, hard, melt, unthaw, friendly, in high spirits, maturate, aged, plangent, aged, genial, unfreeze, intoxicated, high, high-pitched, cordial, green, mellow out, calm.
- "The Spirit of the Border A Romance of the Early Settlers in the Ohio Valley", Zane Grey.
- "Love, The Fiddler", Lloyd Osbourne.
- "Foul Play", Charles Reade Dion Boucicault.