Definition of member:
- A part of a discourse or of a period or sentence; a clause; a part of a verse.
- A part of an animal capable of performing a distinct office; an organ; a limb.
- Any essential part, as a post, tie rod, strut, etc., of a framed structure, as a bridge truss.
- Any part of a building, whether constructional, as a pier, column, lintel, or the like, or decorative, as a molding, or group of moldings.
- Either of the two parts of an algebraic equation, connected by the sign of equality.
- Hence, a part of a whole; an independent constituent of a body
- One of the persons composing a society, community, or the like; an individual forming part of an association; as, a member of the society of Friends.
- To remember; to cause to remember; to mention.
comrade, sister, type, kind, congresswoman, beaver, alumnus, clubfoot, appendage, crotch, atom, cervix, associate, confederate, process, gentlewoman, taxonomy, penis, extremity, boner, free marketeer, gentleman, cervical, classification, congressperson, armpit, arriviste, cross section, cock, core, arm, leg, limb, dove, big toe, sort, clitoris, arch, carpetbagger, fellow member, cojones, ankle, class, affiliate, congressman, charter member, genus Phallus, brother, chapter, calf, instalment, balls, outgrowth, organ, building block, variety, bits, category, baby, particle, post, commissioner, Phallus, branch, grouping, bollocks, elder statesman, Eurocrat, academician, ball.
component (part of speech: noun)
- portion (part of speech: noun)
- "Samantha at the St. Louis Exposition", Marietta Holley.
- "Studies in Civics", James T. McCleary.
- "Dawn of All", Robert Hugh Benson.