Definition of Memoirs:
- A memorial account; a history composed from personal experience and memory; an account of transactions or events ( usually written in familiar style) as they are remembered by the writer. See History, 2.
- A memorial of any individual; a biography; often, a biography written without special regard to method and completeness.
- An account of something deemed noteworthy; an essay; a record of investigations of any subject; the journals and proceedings of a society.
Noble, in his Memoirs of the Cromwell Family, says that the fact Fleetwood had not the abilities of her first husband gave his wife much concern, as she saw with great regret the ruin his conduct must bring on herself and her children.- "The Works of Aphra Behn, Vol. I (of 6)", Aphra Behn.
- "The Makers of Canada: Bishop Laval", A. Leblond de Brumath.
- "The Reign of Law A Tale of the Kentucky Hemp Fields", James Lane Allen.