Definition of memorial:
- A memorandum; a record.
- A species of informal state paper, much used in negotiation.
- A written representation of facts, addressed to the government, or to some branch of it, or to a society, etc., - often accompanied with a petition.
- Anything intended to preserve the memory of a person or event; something which serves to keep something else in remembrance; a monument.
- Memory; remembrance.
- Mnemonic; assisting the memory.
- Serving to preserve remembrance; commemorative; as, a memorial building.
autobiography, narrative, narration, recollection, memorialization, consecrating, memoir, record, recital, story, enshrining, history, remembering, commemorative, account, repository, biography, remember, canonizing, chronicle, archives, anamnesis, deifying, in tribute, register, memorializing, memorialisation, annals, muniment.
Outside this central group, of which the great church and the memorial arch were badly wrecked by the quake, were enough other buildings used for the university proper to bring the number up to fifty or so.- "Complete Story of the San Francisco Horror", Richard Linthicum Trumbull White Samuel Fallows.
- "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- "Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens", Albert Bigelow Paine Last Updated: February 20, 2009.