Definition of menace:
- The show of an intention to inflict evil; a threat or threatening; indication of a probable evil or catastrophe to come.
- To act in threatening manner; to wear a threatening aspect.
- To express or show an intention to inflict, or to hold out a prospect of inflicting, evil or injury upon; to threaten; - usually followed by with before the harm threatened; as, to menace a country with war.
- To threaten, as an evil to be inflicted.
threat, expose, calamity, venture, endanger, safety, pest, irritation, stakes, adventure, warn, pitfall, trouble, gambling, scupper, sword of Damocles, stake, caution, warning, imminence, drag, scourge, peeve, imperil, show your teeth, peril, threaten, jeopardise, fear, jeopardize, joke, terror, intimidation, vexation, irritant, annoyance.
- "The Grey Cloak", Harold MacGrath.
- "The Secret Witness", George Gibbs.
- "The Thin Red Line; and Blue Blood", Arthur Griffiths.