Definition of mend:
- To alter for the better; to set right; to reform; hence, to quicken; as, to mend one's manners or pace.
- To grow better; to advance to a better state; to become improved.
- To help, to advance, to further; to add to.
- To repair, as anything that is torn, broken, defaced, decayed, or the like; to restore from partial decay, injury, or defacement; to patch up; to put in shape or order again; to re- create; as, to mend a garment or a machine.
quicken, perk up, amend, fixation, determine, deposit, recompense, recoup, plot of land, survive, have-to doe with, emend, patch, rectify, amends, fixing, advance, redress, get, gain, sterilise, call off, concession, altering, pickle, strengthen, meliorate, set, heel, conciliate, maintain, recover, tinker's dam, secureness, rehab, ameliorate, neutering, localization, indemnify, break up, desexualise, revamp, unsex, recreate, damn, pertain, reparation, shake, reanimate, come around, animate, concede, come back, mending, shit, restitute, fixity, fixedness, concern, dapple, do-it-yourself, restore, make better, doctor, atone, secure, bushel, fastener, mess, jam, reconstruct, fix, shape up, behave, health, bear on, fasten, set up, situate, while, respond, desexualize, stamping ground, compensate, refit, remediate, reform, spot, haunt, buckle, redeem, rally, service, sterilize, reinstate, convalesce, touch on, improving, plot, better, hoot, spell, regular, straighten, holdfast, aid, fastness, fixate, piece, shucks, nurse, location, remedy, kettle of fish, mitigate, patch up, cleanse, maintenance, recovering, purify, posit, eyepatch, recuperate, running repair, repair, fight off, tinker's damn, impact, hangout, help, ready, fix up, sew, furbish up, heal, localisation, reestablish, revivify, fastening, touch, regenerate, bandage, bear upon, make, recuperating, pay back, plot of ground, do up, pull through, affect, sophisticate, fixture, cook, right, temporary hookup, arbitrate, habitue, define, prepare, desex, snap back, come to, locating, maculation, bring around, resort, pay off, speckle, renewal, bridge-building, relate, retouch, compromise, gear up, red cent, hole, fleck, specify, vivify, knit, muddle, correct, limit, pull round, doctor up, refer.
- "Adventures In Friendship", David Grayson.
- "Growth of the Soil", Knut Hamsun.
- "Melbourne House", Elizabeth Wetherell.