Definition of mensuration :
1. That branch of applied geometry which gives rules for finding the length of lines, the areas of surfaces, or the volumes of solids, from certain simple data of lines and angles.
2. The act, process, or art, of measuring.
measuring stick, amount, metre, measuring, measurement, measure, bill, touchstone, big, beat, bar, meter, estimate, measuring rod, evaluation, standard, metrology, judgment, cadence, criterion, quantity, step
- It contained his pipes and his library- a Bible, the poems of Burns, Boston's Fourfold State, The Cloud of Witnesses, a Grey's Tables, a book on mensuration, Fowler's Horse Doctor, and many almanacs tied in packets. - "Patsy", S. R. Crockett.
- In the rural schools the programme of studies is somewhat general, comprising the German language, arithmetic, mensuration, nature study; and in some instances may be added to these, geography, German history, drawing, gymnastics and music. - "The Condition and Tendencies of Technical Education in Germany", Arthur Henry Chamberlain.
- Our sensations will undoubtedly be in proportion to such circumstances, or our joy to the appreciation or mensuration of the evil which has been removed. - "The History of the Rise, Progress and Accomplishment of the Abolition of the African Slave-Trade, by the British Parliament (1839)", Thomas Clarkson.