Definition of mental :
1. A plate or scale covering the mentum or chin of a fish or reptile.
2. Of or pertaining to the chin; genian; as, the mental nerve; the mental region.
3. Of or pertaining to the mind; intellectual; as, mental faculties; mental operations, conditions, or exercise.
kind, genial, imaginative, psychical, noetic, rational, amiable, cerebral, reasoning, sensual, thoughts, thinking, moral, objective, thoughtful, psychogenic, unreal, intellectual, bodily, mysterious, subconscious, subjective, intellective, clairvoyant, affable, unhealthy, cordial
psychical (part of speech: adjective)
- His mental activity and labor, however, in his youth, must have been very great. - "The History of the Medical Department of Transylvania University", Robert Peter.
- I made a mental note that I must arrange somehow for air in my room. - "The Lost Door", Dorothy Quick.
- " Mental excitement," said Mr. Sheldon, somewhat hastily; " Charlotte is nervous to an extreme degree, and your sudden arrival was calculated to shake her nerves." - "Charlotte's Inheritance", M. E. Braddon.