Definition of merge:
- To be sunk, swallowed up, or lost.
- To cause a promiscuous interpenetration of the parts of, as of two or more substances with each other, or of one substance with others; to unite or blend into one mass or compound, as by stirring together; to mingle; to blend; as, to mix flour and salt; to mix wines.
- To cause to be swallowed up; to immerse; to sink; to absorb.
liquify, conflate, mix in, go, ruffle, immix, study at mix, meld, assemble, flux, centralize, liquefy, combine, integrate, desegregate, intermingle, fuse, conglomerate, melt into one, synthesize, blend, unite, compound, absorb, melt, link up, commingle, coalesce, aggregate, blend in, assimilate, commix, stir, unify, admix, impregnate, link, shuffle, flow, mix, immingle.
- attach (part of speech: verb)
- join (part of speech: verb)
- mix (part of speech: verb)
- converge (part of speech: verb)
- "The Comstock Club", Charles Carroll Goodwin.
- "Kenelm Chillingly, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
Verhaeren's social conception, his superb description of realities, here merge slowly in a Utopia; the dawns of the new days begin to shine above the pasts that are dead; the din of rebellion fades away in harmony.- "Ã?mile Verhaeren", Stefan Zweig.