Definition of message :
1. A messenger.
2. Any notice, word, or communication, written or verbal, sent from one person to another.
3. Hence, specifically, an official communication, not made in person, but delivered by a messenger; as, the President's message.
4. To bear as a message.
directions, inscription, contentedness, brain death, means, communications, depicted object, faith, idea, ASCII art, cerebral, acceptation, dot, substance, cerebral cortex, broadcast, sum, brainstem, caption, brain damage, attachment, meat, digital signature, content, subject matter, import, address, jottings, theory, belief, center, perceive, mental object, memorandum, memo, cognitive content, attach, heart, ideal, inwardness, thought, purport, central nervous system, brainwave, heart and soul, word, commitment, nub, tidings, comprehend, essence, value, marrow, kernel, concept, blind copy, capacity, bounce, paper, cross-post, chit, core, sense, principle, centre, copy in, understand, cerebellum, signification, IOU, nitty-gritty, significancy, brain cell, minute, words, philosophy, brain
advice (part of speech: noun)
meaning (part of speech: noun)
gist, tenor, definition, intent, indication, significance, explanation, denotation, relevance, connotation, point, interpretation, pith, crux, upshot, thrust, purpose, topic, meaning, drift, description, subject, implication
news (part of speech: noun)
correspondence (part of speech: noun)
- Why should you refuse to give his message to Burnamy? - "Their Silver Wedding Journey", William Dean Howells.
- He speedily returned with the message that the chief constable would be glad to see them, and would they step this way, please. - "The Shrieking Pit", Arthur J. Rees.
- Jimmy saw the message. - "Death Points a Finger", Will Levinrew.