Definition of metallic :
1. Of or pertaining to a metal; of the nature of metal; resembling metal; as, a metallic appearance; a metallic alloy.
2. Of, pertaining to, or characterized by, the essential and implied properties of a metal, as contrasted with a nonmetal or metalloid; basic; antacid; positive.
gilded, tinny, loud, leaden, resounding, bronze, auriferous, metallike, silvery, aluminiferous, resonant, gold-bearing, silver, gold, antimonial, hard, bimetal, mineral, metal, bimetallic, golden, ringing, argentiferous, aluminous, iron
- A wild impulse to smash that impassive, metallic monster passed from Phobar as quickly as it came. - "Raiders of the Universes", Donald Wandrei.
- Two men were seated in it; both in clothes of some really beautiful metallic colour; but the cap of one was plain, while the cap of the other blazed with some device. - "Dawn of All", Robert Hugh Benson.
- If Venus was so bright- remember Mantell thought it was a huge metallic object- why didn't the pilot who made the search later on- A. Well, it was Venus, that's positive. - "The Flying Saucers are Real", Donald Keyhoe.