Definition of mid:
- Denoting the middle part; as, in mid ocean.
- Made with a somewhat elevated position of some certain part of the tongue, in relation to the palate; midway between the high and the low; - said of certain vowel sounds; as, a ( ale), ( ll), ( ld). See Guide to Pronunciation, 10, 11.
- Occupying a middle position; middle; as, the mid finger; the mid hour of night.
- See Amid.
- average (part of speech: adjective)
- middle (part of speech: adjective)
- "Dave Dawson at Casablanca", Robert Sydney Bowen.
- "Lady Rose's Daughter", Mrs. Humphry Ward.
- "In Mesopotamia", Martin Swayne.