Definition of middling:
modal, fair, second-rate, bonnie, jolly, sightly, evenhandedly, reasonable, just, sensibly, mediocre, pretty, ordinary, fairly, clean, slightly, more or less, average, bonny, somewhat, reasonably, moderately, within reason, sanely, fairish, comely, honest, passably.
- average (part of speech: adjective)
- middle (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. VI. (of 12)", Edmund Burke.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "Fore!", Charles Emmett Van Loan.