Definition of military :
1. Of or pertaining to soldiers, to arms, or to war; belonging to, engaged in, or appropriate to, the affairs of war; as, a military parade; military discipline; military bravery; military conduct; military renown.
2. Performed or made by soldiers; as, a military election; a military expedition.
3. The whole body of soldiers; soldiery; militia; troops; the army.
soldiery, for war, combative, service, phalanx, forces, naval, legions, host, soldierlike, troops, soldiers, array, armed forces, soldierly, warlike, war machine, noncivil, armament, aggressive, armed services, expeditionary, combatant, martial, militaristic, fighting, noncombatant, military machine, peace, warriorlike, force, multitude, militant, bellicose, army
- He stood before Thane, young, military, and serious. - "Evil Out of Onzar", Mark Ganes.
- You know I tried two military schools before I came here, and I did not remain in either. - "Frank Merriwell's Chums", Burt L. Standish.
- " But then," he says, " if I do but get a military command, I shall be delivered from all my troubles." - "The Best of the World's Classics, Restricted to prose. Volume I (of X) - Greece", Various.