Definition of milk:
- A kind of juice or sap, usually white in color, found in certain plants; latex. See Latex.
- A white fluid secreted by the mammary glands of female mammals for the nourishment of their young, consisting of minute globules of fat suspended in a solution of casein, albumin, milk sugar, and inorganic salts.
- An emulsion made by bruising seeds; as, the milk of almonds, produced by pounding almonds with sugar and water.
- The ripe, undischarged spat of an oyster.
- To draw anything from, as if by milking; to compel to yield profit or advantage; to plunder.
- To draw from the breasts or udder; to extract, as milk; as, to milk wholesome milk from healthy cows.
- To draw or press milk from the breasts or udder of, by the hand or mouth; to withdraw the milk of.
- To give off small gas bubbles during the final part of the charging operation; - said of a storage battery.
chlorophyll, milklike, seize an opportunity/chance, milk river, make capital out of something, cattle prod, milky, essence, balsam, condensed milk, musk, crook, extract, blubber, cream, corral, benefit, leap at the chance/opportunity/offer, essential oil, pimp, take advantage of something, jump at, cash in, belladonna, alkaloid, gain, parchment, use, brand, work, grasp, cow town, abuse, get, dip, pearl, beeswax, dairy, civet, heavy cream, fleece, ink, exploit, capitalize, cellulose, whitish, opaque, creamer, agar, evaporated milk, play, leverage, curare, crate, impose, pheromone.
- beverage (part of speech: noun)
- fluid (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Art of Public Speaking", Dale Carnagey (AKA Dale Carnegie) and J. Berg Esenwein.
- "The Adventures of Pinocchio", C. Collodi--Pseudonym of Carlo Lorenzini.
- "The Green Satin Gown", Laura E. Richards.