Definition of miner:
- Any of numerous insects which, in the larval state, excavate galleries in the parenchyma of leaves. They are mostly minute moths and dipterous flies.
- One who mines; a digger for metals, etc.; one engaged in the business of getting ore, coal, or precious stones, out of the earth; one who digs military mines; as, armies have sappers and miners.
- The chattering, or garrulous, honey eater of Australia ( Myzantha garrula).
forty-niner, laborer, digger, silver, dredger, hard-rock geologist, caisson worker, mining engineer, diamond, mineworker, amber, gold panner, coal, desert rat, sourdough, powderman, geological engineer, tarrier, high-grader, placer collier, geologist, pocket hunter, hardrocker, blaster, driller, donkey engineer, prospector, quarry, muckman, mine superintendent mucker, rusher.
- "The Man Without a Country", Edward E. Hale.
- "They of the High Trails", Hamlin Garland.
- "Autobiography of Sir George Biddell Airy", George Biddell Airy.