Definition of miniature :
1. A particular feature or trait.
2. Being on a small; much reduced from the reality; as, a miniature copy.
3. Greatly diminished size or form; reduced scale.
4. Lettering in red; rubric distinction.
5. Originally, a painting in colors such as those in mediaeval manuscripts; in modern times, any very small painting, especially a portrait.
6. To represent or depict in a small compass, or on a small scale.
representation (part of speech: noun)
effigy, picture, likeness, idol, analogy, metaphor, image, figurine, depiction, cast, silhouette, rendering, photograph, statue, bust, drawing, illustration, duplication, portrayal, snapshot, representation, carving, approximation, impression
small (part of speech: adjective)
teeny-weeny, modest, delicate, slim, scanty, scrawny, picayune, diminutive, little, toy, pocket, stingy, negligible, dwarfish, teensy, wee, itty-bitty, trifling, weeny, smallish, niggardly, small, deficient, tiny, microscopic, meager, minute, teeny, piddling, compact, puny, spare, sparing, slight, short, nugatory, petite, paltry, baby, miserly, bantam, minimal, scant, ungenerous, beggarly, minor
representative (part of speech: adjective)
- A miniature camp fire is kept burning day and night during the winter months." - "From Paris to New York by Land", Harry de Windt.
- " I loved him, and gave him that miniature, and the face they represented. - "Septimius Felton or, The Elixir of Life", Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- To effect this, the teacher should visit with her class places where the simpler geographical features in miniature may be observed. - "Home Geography For Primary Grades", C. C. Long.